II. A. Narasinga Rao Memorial Prize
A. Narasainga Rao
In honour of Professor A. Narasinga Rao , who worked as the founder editor of The Mathematics Student almost single-handed with great devotion for eighteen years (1933-1950) and placed it on a firm footing, the Society instituted this prize in eighties and the Prize is awarded to the author/authors of the best research paper published in either the Journal of the Indian Mathematical Society or The Mathematics Student.
The Prize carries a cash award of Rs. 4000/- along with a Certificate.
The Prize is recommended by a committee consisting of
(i)The Academic Secretary, Indian Mathematical Society (Convener),
(ii) Editor, J. Indian Math. Soc. and
(iii) Editor, Math. Student.
The Prize is awarded during the Inaugural Session of the Annual Conference of the Indian Mathematical Society.
For the award of this prize, FOLLOWING CONDITIONS APPLY (with effect from 2020):
1. The research paper must be under authorship of at most two authors,
2. The research work must have been carried out in India,
3. The upper age limit of the awardee should not be more than 45 years as on the date of receipt of the paper by the Editor.
4. In case the prize is awarded to a paper with two authors then the prize money will be jointly awarded and younger of the authors will be invited to make a presentation of the paper.
5. The prize will consist of a citation and a cash amount of Rs 4000/-.
The details of the Prize winners so far can be accessed here: A. Narasingarao Prize winners.
For further information or clarification, write to :